Wednesday, November 21, 2012

We All Need This

So many people talk shit about other people because they are so jealous and insecure with themselves. Everyone knows this. The part that I don't understand is how those horribly negative and depressing people have a way of dragging other people along with them, people who would otherwise be happy and accepting. Though, those people are obviously not very strong if they are so easily persuaded.

Too many people in this world are excessively manipulative. They need people to follow them, to be reassured of the path they are on, even though they know that its a ridiculous one. They are rude, unforgiving, judgmental. Mostly used to getting what they want.. all except happiness. I've lost many a friend because of people like this.

I will not pretend that I have never talked bad about people, or placed judgment upon people.. because truthfully, there have been times that I've been completely unhappy with myself and my life and I took it out on others. I realized that it was wrong, and I pulled myself out of it. I've also been a victim, way too many times.. and its an incredibly painful experience.

Far too few people take the time to figure out their true, inner self. For some, it comes easily, they figure it out early. For others, like myself, it takes time. A lot of time. I've been on my path to find my true being and purpose in life for a long time now. In some aspects I've been somewhat successful, though I've regrettably hurt a few people on the way, it was what I needed to do for myself. I am nowhere near complete success, it seems that it will be hard to ever, truly be there, since the world and people are constantly changing, our wants and needs constantly shifting, how are we supposed to stick to one particular path when there are so many we can take during our virtually transient lives?

I believe that if more people actually thought about, and put effort into 'finding themselves' and doing something more positive, then this world could be a much better place. I'm not very fond of those who give the impression that they are truly about peace, happiness, giving, etc. when really, its only for aesthetic reasons. You have to believe it to live it. Anger and resentment will not get you anywhere.

I challenge you to sit down on this day before Thanksgiving and think about what you truly want. Set out on a path to find your true being. Believe me, every small step gives you an immense sense of self worth. Come to terms with your negativity and reverse it. exert your positivity to the world and be the one to make it better for others.



We all need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment