Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Blame Game


          I was talking to a friend not long ago and it was the same thing I have heard a million times from her, "If it wasn't for so and so or such and such I would be happy".  And as she continued to rant and rave all I could think was.
        She is clueless! Completely and utterly clueless! She does something; it goes haywire and then she looks around for some scapegoat to blame it on! Just for being there! Well, tough luck Bozo... Your own mistakes were your own undoing! I couldn't have been more successful in ruining it if I tried!
      Did I say this out loud to her?  Of course not, I am just not that kind of person. What I did tell her though was that being angry and blaming everyone else because you're unhappy is not going to help matters and it is just wasted energy. The choices you have made have led you to this spot and it can't be blamed on anyone but yourself. Well needless to say she was not in the frame of mind to think reasonably but whatcha gonna do. *shrugs*
       I learned a long time ago that you can't rely on anyone else to pick you up and fix whatever it is that is wrong or troubling you. That is your responsibility.

   "All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy." -Wayne Dyer



No comments:

Post a Comment